Monday, July 28, 2008

Munchen and back to Bonn

Staying in Munich for the weekend was probably the best decision. I did your daily things.. ya know, biked in a beautiful city near the alps, swam in Alpine lake, and saw the inside of Neuschwanstein, had a beer and an expensive pretzel at the Hofbrauhaus, and then topped it off with watching fire works in the olympic stadium... just your typical day.
I truly got to experience Bavaria. It is what I pictured when I think of Germany... and I LOVED it. Nothing like hanging out, relaxin with good friends.
Today we went to Bonn and got to see the Agriculture and Food Ministries, it is a very different system than ours. Some of it was hard for me to comprehend because it was presented as if I already understood their legislation. It was also awesome to see the museum of anaesthesiology. One of my favorite parts was seeing the cattle intubation tube, as well as enjoying the company and knowledge of our tour guide, Professor Stoeckel. It would have been nice to have more time there though... to hear more about the development of each piece of equipment and not just their use.
All around lovely days.

No comments: