Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reality slap to the face!

So today we were in Nürnberg and went to the place where the Nazi rallies were held...it was incredibly eerie standing in the place where Hilter used to address the Nazis. It is very hard for me to imagine it actually happening. Then we went to a document museum and learned a lot more about the occurrences during the Third Reich. I can´t believe it really occurred or how people actually let it happen. I know it probably is easy to say today looking back at the atrocities. It is a similar question I ask myself when I think about being Christain. I think today that I believe 100 percent that Jesus Christ is my savior, but when Jesus was alive, would I have been someone brave enough to stand up for my beliefs as so many were afraid to do against Hitler during the Third Reich.

On another note, it is very odd spending your birthday abroad. It definitely makes you realize you are away from your close friends and family. But I guess that just makes it possible for me to celebrate my birthday when I get back home! Two birthdays for me! Also I am happy that Germans go running. My host mom runs with me and she is 62 years old. I have to run really fast because I don´t want a 62 year old woman to beat me at running 3 miles! Everyone that I see in the morning is very friendly and also mostly in Germany as well! It´s hilarious when they say that they can only speak a little english and then they are fluent! I´m afraid to try any of my german on them if they think their english is a little...what will they think of me!? Hah oh well! I know how to be polite and get around...I guess that will just have to suffice for this trip! So onto München! I´m so excited for Bavaria!

No comments: