Monday, June 30, 2008

Prost!

I received an email from my host family the other day and was informed of my misuse of the word "prost" for the ending of my email that is supposed to be used "for our first glass of wine or beer together." This correction made by my host mother was the first real step for me in becoming absorbed in the German culture, which is one of the things I'm most excited about. I want to take not one moment for granted and learn everything I can from those around me.
The overwhelmingly routine days of the past month in my internship have steadily increased my growing anticipation for my departure for Germany. At this point the trip still remains completely unrealistic, especially since I have never in my life to this point traveled outside the country. The opportunities offered by the program are completely surreal from the museums to learning the differences in how medicine is carried out in Europe in contrast to America. I expect not only to learn about the medical/vet aspect of Germany but come back to America with a well-rounded view of the country.
I cannot wait to see you all again and get to know you even more on this trip, I know all of you are just as ecstatic and antsy at this point as I am!

1 comment:

Madeline Tarrillion said...

That's hilarious! "Prost" is like our "Cheers"! It's more like a toasting word. And you MUST look the person in the eye you're saying it to...or something about bad luck for 7 years...or maybe that was bad sex! Ich weiss nicht! Crazy Germans!