Sunday, June 29, 2008

Germany, Here I Come!!

Earlier tonight, a friend asked me if I was scared at all to be traveling so far away and not knowing a soul. I told her that I was not scared the least bit. On the contrary, I am the exact opposite and beyond excited to be traveling to Germany. I am absolutely convinced that we have a great group going together and we will all make countless German acquaintances while we are there.
The only semi-exotic place I have traveled to is a border town in Mexico. Its main appeal was Chiclets (tiny Mexican gum) and sombreros. To be honest, I was not exactly impressed. Germany will without a doubt surpass my expectations with its giant castles, rich history, and scrumptious lagers.
I am going into this trip with an open mind and ready to try anything and everything. Simply, I want to have an adventure every day and learn and do as much as I possibly can. I probably won't sleep much, but that will not phase me because I will be energized by adrenaline. I have not really planned my weekend trips, but I'm down for whatever and look forward to winging it.
As for my any fears or worries, I can't really put my finger on any specific thing. I am not a picky eater so I got the food thing down. I like to meet new people so I got the friend thing down. I think I am just too excited to be in Germany that my excitement overcomes any worries. That is just fine with me. All and all, I can't wait to see everybody in Germany and begin this journey with a toast in a German beer hall!

No comments: