Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Wrap-Up

I agree with Ashley, it's so hard to answer people who ask me to tell them about my summer in Germany. How do you express everything? Every day was so full of learning in so many ways and on so many levels. I think I would have to take hours trying to explain all that happened in those five weeks. And how do you explain how you've changed? How you're a different person than you were when you left? I saw a friend yesterday who kept saying, "You're different. What's different?" What can I say? It's everything.

By the way, guys, did anyone ever notice before how many references to Duesseldorf you can find? Just in the last two days I heard two. One was in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (great movie, by the way) - Augustus Gloop is from Duesseldorf. I was sitting in the theater with the friend I went to Spain to visit, and I was like, "That's Duesseldorf! That's the crest!" She told me to hush. Humph. I noticed no one in the movie was from Madrid. Heh. The second reference was in a rerun of Gilmore Girls. It's funny how you notice these things once they mean something to you. And Duesseldorf definitely does mean something to me now. This is something I will never forget.

No comments: