Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mexican Food is a NO-NO in Germany

Hello from Munich! I just thought I would post a blog about our experince with Mexican food in Germany, and why you should always just stick to the local fare.

So, on Monday night, Jean had a huge craving for Mexican food after passing a Mexican cafe in Nurnberg. A lot of us decided to go with her, since the things we've been missing the most are Mexican food and Dr. Pepper. We thought getting one out of the two isn't bad at all! So... we tried it.

Initially, everything was great. The cocktails were yummy and the nachos actually tasted similar to something you'd get at a second rate Mexican restaurant. I was sharing with Shannon, so I didn't even eat that much. Rebecca commented a lot on the amount of chile powder on everything, but I didn't really notice it... until perhaps too late?

That night, I got really, really sick. I threw up and felt terrible all day on Tuesday. Kristen and Shannon also had upset stomachs. So, the lesson learned from all of this? Stick to sausages and bread. That's what the Germans know, and what they do well. Mexcian food can wait for another week at least.

No comments: