Thursday, August 11, 2005

Drawing to a close

I can't believe our time here is almost gone. This trip has been an awesome adventure for me, and I'll remember it for all my life. Hopefully I will be able to come back one day, especially since my host family told me I would always be welcome so I might have to take them up on the offer. I was really sorry that we didnt get to spend more time with them, because they were a great family to us, but all of us were always so busy we didnt get too much time together. Today we went to the Berlin Zoo/Aquarium, and it was really cool because you get to be extremely close to the animals, unlike the Houston zoo or any others I've been to. I've always wanted to have a pet panther...don't ask me why, I just thought it would be really cool. The trip today just made me want to work at a zoo as a vet later in life even more. I first got the impression that I would highly enjoy the job when I worked at the MD Anderson Cancer Hospital last summer and they set it up for me to go work a day at the zoo with the vet and perform random tasks from drawing blood from a kimodo dragon to bandaging a lion. After that, focusing on exotics and working at the zoo has always been in the back of my mind as a possible career choice. The majority of us are all blogging and checking emails now and about to head back to the hotel to rest up, pack, shower, etc and get ready for our last night here in Germany and have a blast at our farewell dinner and all go out to a club and have some fun. On that note, I'm gone.

No comments: