Friday, August 05, 2005

Munich

I enjoyed our stay in Munich, even though I wasn´t there as long as everyone else. There is a missionary from my church back in Houston who lives in Munich, so I met up with her, and we wandered the streets. I tried a dessert that is like a huge roll drowned in vanilla sauce - it was pretty good but so big I couldn't finish it all. She and I visited the Hoffbrau House, and I found the corner that my parents and I had eaten in when we were there three years ago. Probably the most exciting thing for me was finding again this tiny little Gothic church that my mom and I had happened upon on a random street three years ago. My friend and I were walking, and I suddenly had this flash that I recognized these doors we were passing, so I stuck my head in and couldn´t believe my eyes. It's the tiniest little chapel I have ever seen but every inch of it is decorated with gold, sculptures, paintings, etc. I don't think it's in any tour books or anything, so I was surprised and pleased to find it again. Yay for surprises in Munich!

No comments: