Monday, August 08, 2005

My last day in Duesseldorf

Today is our last day in Duesseldorf. It seems like just last week when Beth and I anxiously awaited for Kirsten and Kristoffer to arrive. We have had such a wonderful time and gotten very close with the Opdenbergs. I feel so lucky that we had such a great family to live with. I'm going to miss staying up with Kirsten for hours at night talking and getting to know one another. Tonight we are having a barbeque with our family, Jean's parents, and Catherine's host mom. We had a barbeque the first night we arrived so this will be a good ending to our 4 weeks with the family. I think the best thing I learned from Kirsten is just to experience life. She has traveled all over the world and seen so many different aspects of life. She even lived for a short time in Africa working in tourism and passing out medicines to the locals. She is very open to all people, which is something I really admire in her. I'm going to miss Kirsten and Kristoffer a lot but hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with them and maybe even visit them again some time. Even though we are all severly sleep deprived, I think all 13 of us had a really great time in Duesseldorf and will keep having fun this coming week in Berlin. 4 days and we will be back in the USA - I can't believe it.

No comments: