Saturday, August 06, 2005

Munich

I defintely think that people in the south of Germany are more open and friendly. While eating dinner after having a great cultural evening of listening to organ music in the Frauenkirche, we went around the corner to eat dinner inside an increadible crowded Czech restaurant. We (we being Heather, Michelle and me) got a table in the corner that could have seated five more people, easily, and soon (to our luck) were joined by a random group of five guys. One Berliner, one Spaniard, and three Dutch. We proceded to eat dinner with them (they all spoke beautifdul English) and then went to have a couple of drinks at a bar when we were kicked out when the restaurant closed. When we first arrived in Munich I was a bit disapointed to hear that we weren't going to go on a city tour, but that soon disappeared when we found out the city center was near-by and exploring it on our own proved to be lots of fun. I think every-one found the lion that was dressed as a doctor and took pics by it. I think my favorite lion was the one with the world map on it, though. I didn't get a pick because some kids had decided it was a playground and the longer I waited to get a pick the more determined they seemed to throw jackets on top of it and crawl all over it. Oh well, I found lots of other things to take pics of...like the display of jewels in the Residance (sorry for the awful spelling!) It was a bit dissapointing to find out that a lot of the main jewels in crowns and such were just galss replicas since the jewels had been pawned off or used to make other pieces of jewelery, but it was impressive nonetheless.

No comments: