Saturday, August 13, 2005

Home Again

Well, I'm back home again. It's funny how everything seems familiar yet different. While I type this, I'm having to remind myself that this is a normal American keyboard, not a German one, and I don't have to adjust how I type. Things in the house look different too. This morning when I woke up, for example, I opened my eyes and found myself looking at the wall next to my bed and feeling like there used to be more space there between the bed and the wall. Weird stuff like that. There's positive things too. I have enjoyed starting to pass out presents to people. And I like having my Aggie ring back on my finger where it belongs! Mom's making pot roast in the kitchen right now, and I'm going to finally have chocolate chip cookies again - woohoo! (I think I can do without pastries and anything hazelnut-flavored for a few months!) I guess overall I may be too tired (it kinda messes with your body clock to be in daylight for 24 hours!) to really register anything at the moment, whether relief at finally being home again or sadness at missing things from Europe.

No comments: