Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Thoughts on the second day...

It is Tuesday, the second day of school, which means that 2 weeks ago I was moving back to College Station and 3 weeks ago we were in Berlin. My flight home was 2 1/2 weeks ago. This is crazy to me-I know time flies when you're having fun, and especially when you're super busy. But really!

These past two weeks in College Station I have been really busy with sorority stuff-work week and rush week...and I submitted my vet school application and ordered my Aggie ring (WHOOP!!) Its important stuff to me, and I kept busy. But when I think of what all we accomplished in the same amount of time when we were in Germany, I feel like a slacker. We did SOO much, both with the class and on our 'free' weekends. Talk about time mangagement.

Its kind of weird to be back in Texas now. While abroad we all talked about how it didn't really feel like we were abroad and doing all this cool stuff. It felt kind of like we were dreaming that we were doing everything. I was afraid that when I got home and got caught up in the same old routine that it would feel like Germany really was just a dream and didn't really happen. I'm relived that so far that is not the case. Random things that I see or experience make me think of things we did or experienced in Germany, and how the Europeans would handle a situation. Its funny. I do feel like my time abroad changed me. I'm still the same person, but with a broader outlook and much more self confidence. I'm sure I irritate my friends who were stuck in College Station taking summer school all summer every time I say something about Europe. But they can deal. They have all seen my 300 pictures and are all jealous. Of course they are-we had an amazing time.

I have a shelf over my desk dedicated to travel memories-pictures of course, plus my Hofbrauhaus mass, my Heineken glass, a little Germany shot glass...its funny how much of the souveniers and pictures are alcohol related. I swear my parents think that all we did in Europe was drink. I tell them they're wrong, but not by much =) My coo coo clocks did make it to Dallas!! My parents called me when they came in and got all set up. I don't care how much yall make fun of me and Ashley for buying them, my parents love the one I got for them and they think the one I got for myself is really cute too.

Last week I was getting sad cause I missed everyone a lot. Except for Jean, who lives right next door so I still see her all the time. So I was happy yesterday when I saw some of yall in some of my classes! But I'm still looking forward to our Dusseldorf reunion. When is that going to be again???? Let me know!!

No comments: