Sunday, August 07, 2005

My weekend in Düsseldorf

I'm so happy that I didn't go to Prague this weekend. Although Prague was THE main place I wanted to go while I was here, I'm happy that I came back to Düsseldorf this last weekend and spent it with my host family.
Yesterday, we went to look at a giant hole. Yes, a giant hole. It's about 12 miles long and 4 miles wide and varies in depth. Big, huh? Its for cole mining. We were going to try to go down into one of the cole mining shafts but the place that the Marchs normally go to was closed so we had to go somewhere else but it was still fun.
Today we went to the Köln zoo which was awesome. I saw elephants, bears, tigers, zebras, and tons of monkeys (and we all know how I feel about those... tee hee). It was probabaly one of the best zoos I have ever been to. The way that the cages are designed makes it feel like the animals aren't really caged in and they all seemed so much happier :) We got a little wet but overrall it was a wonderful experience.
Tonight I am going to dinner with Kerstin and Max while Phillipe and Alexander stay home. I am so glad to have had this host family. They have been so amazing- I will miss them when we leave. I'm glad I got to spend this weekend with them.

No comments: