Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lazy Weekend in Dusseldorf

Hello again! Last night we arrived back from Munich after the longest bus ride EVER! We got off to a late start because someone knocked the mirror off our beloved bus! So, our bus driver (who looks like Dr. Phil, and smokes a pipe) had to file police reports. Instead of leaving at 8:00, we left a after 10:00. It actually wasn't that bad... we did get to eat at Burger King and we played the 'What I Miss The Most About Texas' game. It was pretty fun. I slept and stared out the window most of the time, because I get bus sick very easily! We got into Dusseldorf around 8:30, and everyone went home, to avoid the neverending rain that seems to follow us around Germany. When I got home, my host mom was really happy to see me, because I think she thought I was going away for the weekend like I usually do.

So what am I going to do this weekend you might ask? I am going to sleep a lot, catch up on emails, and go shopping! Kristen and I are cooking fajitas for our host family on Monday, so it is my duty to buy a lot of the supplies before Kristen gets back from Austria. I hope we don't mess up the fajitas too much, but I honestly don't think our host family would know the differnce. They are really excited about the whole affair. We also have some country cds, and our family wants us to teach them how to square dance and two-step! You can imagine how funny that will be!

Overall, I think this weekend will be a good chance for me to refresh my energy supply before we tackle Berlin. We leave for Berlin on Tuesday morning, and I am really excited about it! So here's to a weekend of relaxation!

No comments: