Monday, August 08, 2005

Schonbrunn Palace, Rain and the Bee

This weekend Beth, Jean, Kristen and I had an exciting and relaxing time in Austria. One of the most memorable times for me was visiting Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna. We got to see the inside of the castle, and we had a great tour guide who told us about the different families who lived in the castle. This was probably my favorite castle tour since we got so much interesting background information about the family. One of the princesses was even an exercise fanatic and a smoker! It made me realize that people we see as so "high and mighty" don't always have wonderful lives. The weather was very rainy and only Beth brought an umbrella so we all got wet seeing the gardens. They were still amazing!

My story from the weekend was getting stung by a bee who went down my shirt. We were all ordering lunch at the castle when a bee flew down my shirt. Beth, Jean, Kristen and our waiter thought I was crazy when I basically ripped off my shirt at the table because they hadn't seen the bee fly in. I got stung but Jean took care of the bee (needless to say, he had a very short life after getting out of my shirt!). It hurt pretty bad at the time but I have a great story to tell now!

No comments: