Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bus Trip Begining

Well yesturday was the first day of our wonderful bus trip to Southern Germany. Our bus driver drives like a maniac and luckily I slept the whole way to Warzburg or I might have thrown up. Touring the castle was interesting and our guide was very informative. I am thinking of investing in my own castle sometime soon. My favorite part of the castle was the wine cellar, where we all had a chance to climb into the barrel. The downside of this is that today we discovered that we all have bruises on our legs from climbing in and out of the small door. Last night we went to a Mexican restaurant which satisfied my craving for Mexican, but it definately was not what we have in Texas. They put chilli powder all over everything which I could have done with out.
This morning we got up and had an excellent hotel breakfast and then we went on a bus trip of Nuremburg. I didn't know that Hitler had his own little Naziland like park planned for this city. The ruins that are here are very impressive and I have a hard time imagining what the completed structures would have looked like. We went to a museum in the afternoon which focused more on the NSDAP and their rise to power rather than the Holocaust and the other usual stories about the war which I found interesting. It was so creepy seeing all of the old movies that they were playing of the Hitler rallies. They sort of reminded me of our A&M games, which I love going to, but none the less they look similar. I also kept thinking of footage from the Indiana Jones movies too while I was there. I am going to watch those movies again when I get home to see if I recognize any of the places that we have been to.

No comments: