Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Our time in Wurzberg

I had a great time yesterday in Wurzberg. I loved seeing the Wurzberg Residency and wine cellar. I thought our tour guide was really interested in what she was doing, which was nice because it made all of us interested too. Seeing Versailles has been one of my favorite things about Europe so seeing a residence modeled after Versailles was really cool too. Can you believe how conceited the Prince Bishop must have been since he made so many paintings with him as the primary focus? I can't even imagine. I absolutely loved seeing the wine cellar. It was so huge. I can't imagine having all of the barrels full. Getting inside the wine barrel was really cool. We were beer at the Heineken Museum and wine in Wurzberg...that's Europe for you! I'm glad we are getting to see more parts of Europe and the trip is so much better now that we have a big bus rather than our dreaded 'short bus.' I can't wait for what's next!

No comments: