Monday, August 08, 2005

Wonderful Weekend

So, this weekend I went to Austria with Beth, Ashley, and Jean. First, we left Munich on Friday and went to Salsburg. Beth and Ashley are Sound of Music fanatics, so we went on a Sound of Music Tour. Jean and I just tagged along for the ride. I honestly do not remember the last time that I saw the movie, but I know that it has been years ago! I was not expecting to much, because I had not seen the movie in a long time and I really do not know all the facts about it. I even had a hard time remembering the story line. We got into another small van along with our tour guide, a mother, and her two daughters from Chicago. As we walked up to the bus I was thinking....."Well darn not another short bus!" It really was not that bad We all had plenty of room. As the tour started, our guide gave us some movie facts and started questioning us about what we knew about the movie. Jean and I just laughed at each other because we did not know any of the answers and Beth knew them all. We went and saw several of the main places where the movie was filmed. My absolute favorite part of the tour was our drive in the mountains. At first we were all a little frightened by our guides driving, but after a while we got used to the jerking and abrupt stops. After we got through all the curvey roads, we made it up pretty high where we had an amazing view. My breath was taken away! I cannot see how people do not believe that there is a God after seeing something like that. How could that beauty be a coincedence? I just don't know. While we were up on the mountain, we decided to do the Louge (I do not know if that is how you spell it). Jean and I decided to do it together because we were being chickens. This has to be one of the highlights of my trip. The whole way down, we screemed like little four year olds. I only wish that we had had the video camera! After our tour we went and caught the train to Vienna. We spent all day Saturday and Sunday there. I had a great time. Our train ride home was also really fun. We had reserved a sleeper car and the four of us shared it. It was like bunk beds that were really small. We just had a big sleepover. I can say that Austria is a beautiful country and I would love to visit there again someday!

No comments: