Thursday, August 11, 2005

Berlin

As I said in my few short odd blogg it's been cold and wet and rainy and some of us have decided that we really don't like Berlin that much. I'm sure that if the weather was better our opinions would be much different but I also think it has to do with the fact that we are just ready to go home. Saying goodbye to our host families the other day gave a sense of finality to the program and now, at least to me anyways, I just feel like I'm wondering around with nothing to do.
Berlin has been interesting to see though. Some of the girls and I were walking around and walked over the cobblestones that mark the border where the wall used to stand. It's neat to think that "hey, I just crossed the border into East Berlin."
Today we also went to the zoo which was alot of fun. I went to the Cologne zoo with my host family so it was fun to not only compare the German zoos to American zoos, but I can now compare two German zoos as well! I think I prefered the Cologne zoo because the monkey and elephant houses were just soooo much cooler! But I did enjoy talking to my monkey relatives in Berlin. ;) I was so excited to see them!

No comments: