Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Two day of pure excitement!

In the past two days I have seen so much that has just confirmed how much I truly want to be a doctor. Watching surgeries today was an experience I not only appreciate, but I will not ever forget. More importantly, I was truly impacted by meeting so many critical patients in need of heart transplants. And I was amazed at the power that science has in keeping people alive. While quality of life declines somewhat when your heart is being pumped by a machine and not on its own, its awesome that the Heart and Diabetes Institute is giving so many people a chance at life. Everyone says that you "can't save the world", but the doctors we met today are saving as many people as they possibly can, and are truly affecting those around them.

No comments: