Thursday, January 03, 2008

its more like brrrrrlin

So I must say that the weather has changed since our initial arrival and today was probably the worst. It was freezing cold and the wind never died down.

So yesterday was our city tour of Berlin led by a tall man who knew what he was talking about. It was very informative and very rushed...we walked around berlin until 7 pm! Thats a little crazy especially since we started around 10am. Berlin is filled with so much history it seemed like every 100m was a building of some historical significance. The turkish food in kreuzberg was sooo good, the best hummus Ive ever had. but the aryan (?) was awful. I still give michael kudos for finishing his entire glass. It tasted like combination of sour cream and buttermilk in a glass. The charite museum was very cool, except I dont enjoy having a guide in a museum because I never feel like i get to see everything that I want. I never knew that physicians at that time opposed the church by opening its hospital doors at the same time as service/mass. I loved the room that our lecture was in and I could see people in the museum peeking at us through the windows.

Today was freeeezing cold with the wind, what a bad combo. It was horrible outside. We went to see the german history museum which seemed really cool except once again, it was done by a tour guide. I felt the nervousness of this tour guide but she actually did a really good job. Afterwards we went to do our laundry, which was quite an experience because the washers were so tiny. So we went to get lunch at this asia box place down the road, and while we were in line, carrie bent down to pet this dog and the owner immediately called the dog back to him. Then the own stood up and hit the dog, and the dog let out a loud yelp. I was in disbelief. I was so angry and sad all at the same time. I didnt understand it at all. We are supposed to head to the parliament building tonight around 7pm and hopefully Ill get to sleep early because tomorrow after our day trip to dresden, Carrie, Brandon, and I are headed to prague!!!!

No comments: