Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Home

Well, I'm finally back home. I gotta say, as relaxing being at home is, I'm severely bored out of my mind. I almost wish I did have school to go back to...almost. Surprisingly, I suffered very little jet-lag back. This may be due to how smoothly my plane rides were (Suck it, 6:30 AM group). I also did not suffer the counter-culture shock I was dreading.

I've had time to reflect (and finally get sick) as I sit alone in the dark, typing my blog. As much as this trip has cost me, it was well worth the experience and the growth I've received. For example, thanks to the farewell dinner, I will never touch beer ever again. It's going to be wine coolers and the hard stuff for me, k thx. Also, need to buy duck. Mmm.

There are things I wish I could redo. Maybe I could have acted a bit better to my classmates; maybe I could have shopped around for candy before recklessly buying it from a bahnhof minimart; and maybe I shouldn't have had that beer at the farewell dinner. Honestly, I do wish the farewell dinner went a little better, but I was feeling so sick I couldn't enjoy it properly. Oh well, live and learn. If only there was a next time.

I do plan to see my class one last time at Andy's barbecue. Looks like I'll get to make the trip. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: