Thursday, January 10, 2008

Famous Last Words

Today we went on a Munich City tour with Mark, who happens to be a genius and knows five different languages. I loved learning about baroque and gothic style, and the day was absolutely the most beautiful I had ever experienced in Germany. The skyline at dusk was a dark blue with pink clouds. It reminded me of cotton candy. The churches are what impressed me the most. St. Michael is the patron saint for my church back home and I was glad to see another on in Bavaria, which seems to be more Catholic. The beauty and grandeur of these churches simply leave me speechless. I also made sure to pet a lion on the nose for good luck, and had a great conversation with a Bosnian that worked at Zero. The smell of roasting chesnuts, the people playing accordians on the side of the roads, the lovely chocolate shops, everything is leaving a lasting impression on how amazing Germany really is.

The day before, I didnt get to blog, but we visited the veterinary research farm. Not only did I feel like a farmer, but the tour was very interesting and scenic. Horray to a Mercedes Benz tour bus! I enjoyed the laser robomilker. I felt a little sad for the poor chickens that were sentenced to the slaughter house. Especially since delicious chicken recipes were decorating the walk to the slaughterhouse. It is crazy how some of the chickens feel they are about to die and get depressed and stop eating. Or that turkeys are fattened so quickly their circulatory system has no proper time to develop so they literally can die from having too small of a heart. The piglets were cute, and the mechanism to make the cows eat was intelligent. I also enjoyed Carries tea party joke, which she made up on the spot.

Today, I felt slighty sad because its my last day in Germany, and because, once again, I have left my entire written blog post sitting by my bed. It was a gorgeous day though, and Dr. Wassers lecture was out of this world amazing. I believe Brandt looks like pure evil too, by the way. I am probably going to head back to the States throwing out a danka, drucken, ausgang, and enten muta out there just for kicks. By the way, the internet cafe is playing Gwen Stefanis 'holla back girl.' Its kind of said how this song makes me think of home.

I suppose I will always remember the ambleman, RUNNING across streets, dragging our luggage from the Hauptbaunhof, and visiting every Swatch store in Germany (well, almost) with Michael. Eating salami and fighting for the hard boiled eggs at breakfast will be remembered as well.

No comments: