Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hand Over Hannover

It's been almost two days since all of us arrived at Hannover. I really like the train systems here in Germany and am going to miss it when I get back.

Anyhow, upon arriving at the hotel, Andy, Michael, and I got into our triple room again. Only this time, our room is PIMP! The room is huge and we even have a balcony. I hate to leave it tomorrow but I must. After settling in and sleeping, the class got up early to tour the Vet school, followed by lunch at the Med school and then a subsequent tour.

The med school featured some interesting things, and in reality I was much more interested in what the presenters had to say in the Med school, but it was in the Vet school that I got to experience having my arm elbow deep in cow rectum. Yep, several of us did this and it was as fun as it was disgusting. After touring the schools, we went to a frat house to have dinner and many of us stayed a bit too long, although not me (despite my earnest wishes).

Yesterday was such a blur though (pun intended), mainly because I did not have my glasses. I managed to find it in the room eventually but I feel I would have gotten more out of the day had I been able to see.

Today was one of the most exciting day as we got to see some surgeries in the morning. Me and Julie got to watch surgeons excise a tumor and then watch a prep for an aortic valve replacement. The afternoon wasn't as interesting but still informative nonetheless. We learned about MRI and artificial hearts and it was fun. And now, I'm tired

No comments: