Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Saw Castles!!!

Today, I fulfilled two of my goals for the trip.

(1) I saw castles

Germany is famous for Baroque castles, and I saw some. Me and Michael went to Postdam and toured the city, and not just the touristy areas. We went into the heart of (downtown? idk) and saw much of the local color. Some of the palaces were gourgeous. My only disappointment was that looking at the surrounding vegetation and fountains, I knew it would have been ten times more beautiful in the summer. Damn, gotta come back when it's warm.

(2) Went out on my own

While I did have Michael with me, I was the one making all the preparations, plans, and decisions. There was no one there to hold my hand and take me on a walking tour. I had to do this myself. I'm rather proud of myself actually and I don't care how lame that sounds. In the end, I'm kinda glad Courtney and Nancy ditched us (j/k).

Yep, I'm feeling pretty fulfilled about Berling right now.

No comments: