Thursday, January 03, 2008

A little bit of everything

First off, I thought I would share one of my interesting dreams with you all. Since I have arrived, it seems like every night I have been dreaming. Well on one of the first evenings here, I had a dream that I was mugged in the streets of Berlin. (Now in real life, Dr. Wasser told us that in the event of a mugging, we were not supposed to fight back and just give the criminal whatever was in our pockets.) In my dream however, I decided the knife the mugger was holding was not that big of a threat, so I kicked it out of his hand. Then I kicked him in a very sensitive place and when he fell down I gave him a nice punch in the eye. Then I ran off and yelled POLIZEI! When I found the police officers, however, they did not speak English. So instead of the mugger getting in trouble, I was arrested for assaulting HIM, because I couldn't explain the situation!

I decided this dream probably means I was having some anxiety about crime in Berlin and am a little insecure about the language barrier we face. Dr. Wasser also said that sleeping in new places and being in a new country can cause you to dream.

Yesterday we went on two very awesome tours! The city of Berlin tour was great, even though we were FREEZING cold! And the Charite museum was quite interesting. I had some queasiness when looking at some of the fetal specimens- I just cannot comprehend such abnormal development! But I think it was a very good thing for me to see.

Today we saw the German history museum which was laid out in a symbolic manner. Whoever organized and designed the layout must have been very passionate about portraying the duality that always accompanies history.

No comments: