Friday, January 04, 2008

Berlin Winding Down

The past two days have been fairly slow. I'm not complaining since I need the rest from the previous days, but the rush of being in Berlin has been wounding down.

Still, these days have been quite educational. Yesterday, we visited the German History Museum. There were a lot of impressive art and relics. I really loved the paintings and some of the memorabilia are quite facinating. I took so many pictures. People have begun to make me out to be some kind of photo guru and I can see why. I do like to take lots of pictures with an emphasis on perfection. Truth is, all I did was probe my camera's capabilities and started applying the concepts to photography.

After the museum, we did laundry with Dr. Wasser. It was not a pleasant experience but it was necessary. I wish I could have dried my clothes a little longer. After that, I walked with Andy to see the Holocost memorial and then the Victory Column, or as we like to call it, the Chick on a Stick. Following that excursion, a large number of us went to the top of the Reichstag and froze our collective butts off. It was pretty, but cold.

Next day, we got up early to head to Dresden. The train rides were fun. In Dresden, we toured the city with a tour guide and learned lots, although it was quite cold. We were freezing as we walked. Things got better when we entered the Museum of Hygiene. Everyone got warm and we saw some of the coolest things on the trip. The Museum was not what I expected and I definitely learned some cool things. This was one of the best museums of the trip. It even had a Six-Feet-Under exhibit featuring death themed peices. Overall, a lot of fun.

These were good days. Tommorow, though, I need to go check out some castles. Also, need to charge battery, I keep forgetting and I miss good photo opportunities as a result. Not cool.

No comments: