Thursday, January 03, 2008

Last Day In Berlin

Today was a bit interesting. Three times I was approached by Germans who looked puzzled and were asking me questions in German. The first two I had no clue what they were talking about, so i replied 'Sorry, only english'. In which they pardoned themselves and moved on. The last man pulled out a map and was pointing at the palace, I realized they have been asking me directions! It was kind of nice to pass off as someone other than a clueless American tourist!
The laundry trip we made today also turned out to be troublesome for me. There werent enough machines for me to get both of my loads done, so I had to go to a second laundromat down the street. I put my clothes in a machine that promptly broke down after starting up. I tried to open the door and couldn't. I was then ignored by the worker for about 10 minutes before he opened the door for me. To top it off, i had to pay for the next machine. And at the end, the driers proved to be rather inefficient. Keep in mind that its 3.50 euros just to turn on the washing machine! To leave in a positive note, the Berlin museum we visited was amazing. It has sooo many things to view, that there was no way we could have seen it all. As always seeing the mindset of the Nazi's sent a chill down my spine. Its amazing that such ideologies can create monsters out of people.

No comments: