Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dont take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here

My last day in Berlin was entertaining. We went to the Einstein coffee shop and got some delicious hot chocolate, and went to go visit the chick on a stick. Because it was still snowy, it looked pretty from a distance. She also looked like solid gold. We went to an Italian restaraunt for lunch and I got some spicy spagetti. Our ride over to Hannover was also interesting, I had a lovely nap on the train. We spent the first day at the Vet school and had, an...enlightening experience that involved a cow. Honestly, it was fun and got me stomached up for the open heart surgery I would see the next day. I also saw some cute calves and learned about the different machines that people use on the animals. We had dinner at a bagel place and were surprisingly excited to see Arizona green tea. That night, we went to a German frat house that concentrated in vet medicine and got to meet some cool people and have dinner. Today, we went to one of the largest heart and diabetes centers in the world. We learned about telemedicine, artificial hearts, and post heart surgery therapy. We also got briefed on MRIs and some other cool stuff. The actual aortic valve replacement was intense. I felt some vertigo at first, but was amazed at how the body functions so beautifully from the inside. Now I can see how Dr. Wasser says that medicine is an art and a science. Were back in Hannover, and kind of tired. I am hoping to get some dinner and sleep to be off to Munich tomorrow!!

No comments: