Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prague...to Hannover...to Munich...gettin really sad.

Ok, well...brace yourself...this maybe kinda long...and to save me time...pretend that all the y's are z's and vicaversa because the keyboard is slowing me down. Haha. To continue from the storz of Prague.....Well..I forgot where I left off...but I'll start from anzwhere in the middle.
It was absolutelz amaying.....obviouslz right? We toured around bz ourselves and went to the Prague Castle and bought one of those Audio devices...the ones that give zou a self tour. It was awesome because we got to go into St. Victus' Cathedral through the back (though there was an attempt bz an angrz bzstander who had probablz waited a long time to get in, then exit and see three zouths cutting through the back.) Haha...oh well, we knew that we weren't breaking the rules....that's all that mattered. Haha. The Cathedral was filled with stories, memories and the imaginations of all those who were without the acurate information. I saw Prince Winseslas' (pardon me if I completelz butchered that name) tomb...and read about a man who was killed after being in a fight with the latter Prince. We finallz finished the audio tour and went the the Old Rozal Palace. It had been turned into a museum and was embelished with coins, statues, and dresses from prior mistresses. The patterns on the fabrics were long worn, but the prints were exampled on the clear boxes of each exhibit. Sooo neat. Also, I began to notice how the tack on the horses of the rozaltz was changing. No longer was there a tail-strap (if I can call them that), and instead the loosened flank strap was being used. I thought that was verz interesting. I examined a statue of a man on his horse (a stud reared up at a serpant), and I was flaberghasted at the detail that the sculpture put into the mount. Everz vein, everz strained muscle, and the ezes of the stead were strong and fearless...what trust he must have in his rider. And all seen through a bronyed claz piece of stone. Now that's historz. Ok, finallz we left the castle and the area completelz, because we knew that we would never be able to finish our complete map of the palace. We walked down the steps and I saw another musician plazing the recorder on the steps with a bucket under him..... or course I gave him what little change I hadn't spent on the Castle's giftshop. Plazing is not begging to me. We got back to the hotel after having a shot of absinth, because of course we needed to take one at the little jayy bar next to us. We went to bed completelz pooped and I was actuallz missing the group a whole lot. I got reallz attached to them through the little time we've all been together...and though I was loving Prague, I was indeed ecxited to see their smiles again.
(Haha...almost done guzs.) We woke up and opened the shutters, SNOW! A beautiful, snow-blanketed Prague laz before us that morning, almost as eager to see us as we were to see it. Haha. Mz Camera I think was the most eager. And zou better believe that I took a picture of "ATM 08" in the snow!!! ZeZ babz! Haha. (remember the z's and the y's). We hoped the bus, caught the train, acutallz bought our tickets with little to no hassel, and soon had met zet another person who spoke English and was willing and readz to speak to us. Even better....SHE HAD BEEN TO TEXAS! She had seen Brandon's ATM luggage tag! She helped us find our seats and even though we had non-reserve seats, after one move on the car, we were situated and on our waz to Berlin.
We had to make one switch while in Berlin, but that was no problem. We arrived in Hannover, hopped off....knew (relativelz) where we were and where we needed to go. We started up the street and were talking about our past two dazs, when Chzng said "Hez guzs!!!" I looked up from the Hannover cobblestone to see our group head to dinner, which just happened to be towards and past us! ZEZ! I was so excited. Mostlz proud that we had just gone to another countrz with little travel abroad experience, had a blast, took lots of pictures, and made it back in one piece! WHOOP!
Now we've been in Hannover for the last two dazs and have seen everzthing from embrzo transfer in Holstein Fresian cows, to human heart and lung surgeries, to poultrz houses that would put grannz's chicken coup to shame! Haha. The robo milker was absolutelz fantastic! Just think...lazyers finding a known cow's teat, attaching the sucker, testing the milk, removing the sucker, recording the data, opening the door to let the cow to her food, and all while the line of traffic (more cows) is lined up readz to step up to the plate. And no, zour not mistake...I never once mentioned a human being included in a single step of the problem. (unless of course Robo-milker happens to Robo-out). The heart surgerz that I was able to experience was the VERZ FIRST BERLIN HEART being put into an eight zearold girl. It was sureal for sure! The doctors were more than happz to have us learning under them, and we were all stoked to be there...and zes....I was feeling sick...(never let the veterinarz frat bozs introduce zou the the local Hannover beer...BEER=1 CARRIE=nada.) I was def. feeling a huge amount of nausea as I gayed at this little heart from over the curtin. I watched as much as I could let mzself, then finallz realiyed that I would be an idiot if I were to become sick in the surgerz room because of mz stuborn will to "suck it up". I left finallz but will never forget what I saw. It was amaying, zet I still am waz more turned on bz pulling a calf than bz open heart surgerz. Just more evidence that I belong with the quadrepeds. Haha.
In Hannover now, two nights left on the trip....mz heart hurts to think of it. I know that we will hang out when we are home...but it won't be the same. I called mz dad and a few friends last night, and after I hung up I reallz knew that I missed them and was readz to head home. But I'm going to trz to savor each moment left here....not missing a beat, statue, painting, or grin. Oh, zeah...and I cut mz hair! Hahaha! Its crayz I know...but the girls talked me into it...and for good reason. I totallz wanted to. I love change and what better waz to start the new zear back home than with a fresh new look that zou've brought back from Germanz. Hahaha!
Mom, and Mamo, I hope that zou have read this and realiye that miss zall and am having a verz eze opening and amaying experience. I've been writing in mz journal so that I can organiye mz stories a little better when I get home. Hahahaha! Sweet dreams tonight Dr. Wasser and everzone if zou've read this. ;) and for the record....just "Thanks. For more than zou know."

No comments: