Monday, July 27, 2015

Hannover and Norderney

After having only one short day in Bonn to do laundry and pack, I had to then prepare to travel to Hannover, Norderney, and Amsterdam. My clothes were still wet from washing them the night before so they were pretty wrinkled for the trip.

We only spent one day in Hannover where we got to visit the hospital/medical school there and learn about LVADs. It was very interesting, even though I was half asleep from traveling so much. We also got to go to a research center where they keep Axolotyls and spiders. Axolotyls are the cutest things ever, and they regenerate body parts that may fall off, like a leg or an arm. I really want one now as a pet. Anyways, the research center is experimenting with their ability to regenerate body parts and how that can be applied to the human body. We also went into a room filled with spiders, and it was absolutely terrifying. It felt like I was on Fear Factor. It was pretty cool though. The spiders spin silk that the researchers are currently experimenting with.

Norderney has definitely been my most favorite place so far. I absolutely loved the beaches and the sunset, and the spa was AMAZING. Even though it was cold and really windy and I almost got hit by cars while riding my bike, it was a very lovely and relaxing place to be. The spa was so nice, but they only use salt water so if you have any cuts anywhere then they'll definitely burn. I decided to do the mud mask which was pretty interesting, but otherwise really nice and relaxing. It was great for my skin, too. Norderney is an interesting place because people go there to heal and get better. For example, if a person has asthma then they'll go there to help them breath better. Many people will go there for a few weeks at a time. I wish I could go to a spa for a few weeks at a time. I was sad to leave, but slightly happy because that meant that I didn't have to ride my bike anymore. I am not a huge fan of bike riding.

Other than being on an episode of Fear Factor and almost getting run over on a bike, the trip to Hannover and Norderney was fantastic, and I wish we could have stayed longer.

No comments: