Monday, July 20, 2015

blog número tres

so it wasn't actually pee. Our first full day in Vienna we had a medical history walk with Dr. Schnabel. This was literally my favorite part of Vienna. Dr. Schnabel is a plague doctor in Vienna. He was dressed in a long, black, cleanly woven robe that went to his feet and wore a carefully stitched black hat that extended out past his shoulders. He carried a wand (pretty sure he stole it from Hogwarts) to examine his patients. He wore a black mask that had the nose of pinnochio and had the eyes of a raven. just google plague doctor and you'll understand what I mean.
It was quite interesting walk with Dr. Schnabel getting to see old medical buildings and lecture halls. Josephinum. But like I said, he was a plague doctor so his first priority was to keep us from getting the plague and his second priority was giving us the tour. Throughout the walk he would stop and give us medicine out of his satchel. One of the medicines that he gave us was "little Germany boy urine" and he didn't tell us that until after we drank it. Which is problem cause I thought it was really good. I wonder if you can buy little boy urine by the liter.? But it was just apple cider. so no worries.
Josephinum. This museum has a lot of collections from the Medical University of Vienna. It has soooooo many wax models which was the coolest thing. I think I remembering them saying that there was almost 1,200 different wax specimens. I think I had a waxgasm. Next was the Narrenturm, federal Pathological anatomical museum. disease on disease on disease. It was built by Emperor Joseph the second. At first this building was a psychiatric hospital but then in 1866 it became a roaming house for nurses and doctors. It has been a museum since 1971.
Next was the Sigmund Freud Musuem. penis on penis on penis. sorry but it's true. He is very defining and detailed. It was interesting. interesting is a good word for it. He was the founder of psychoanalysis. This musuem had a lot of his personal belongings that illustrate his work.

Also I met up with some Telchik cousins while I was in Vienna. No big deal. They picked me up at downtown and took me to their summer house. It was
b-e-a-uuuuuutiful. They had two balconies and one over looked the city. They cooked me a nice steak, yum, with zucchini, double yum, and for desert we had a nice chocolate circle thing that had warm chocolate on the inside, triple yum, and had a nice glass of wine, quadruple yum. After that they drove me to top of a mountain that over looked all of Vienna <3 The view was quite astrodomical. if that's a word. After that the took me to their other house that's in the downtown area. The house was sooooo nice. He pulled out The Teltschik Family Book. i have the same book. It was cool getting to meet up with them and can't wait to go back and visit them.
Well I think that's it.
I'm still in search for a Lederhosen.
My GoPro started working again so I'm done having a  mental breakdown.
This weekend we were in Prague in the Czech Repulic and for $90 I got to fly a plane. Literally fly, like I controlled the stick. Let that sink in. I could turn both right and left using the stick. I could even go up and down. so fun. But I will talk about Prague in my next Blog:)
Also a waitress threatened to murder us. not even joking. I wish I was but no. Sadly I left like 5 minutes before it happened but it's prolly a good thing I wasn't there. That's also a story for the next Blog.

Chüs

No comments: