Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Zoo and Switzerland

Friday was my first full day in Hanover. In the morning we went back to the vet school and saw a gynecology clinic for cows. I won't go into detail about what happened there but lets just say that it was an interesting experience. After the vet school we took a tour of the veterinary pathology clinic. After a pretty good lunch at the vet school we headed off the the Hanover zoo.

Due to the winter weather and some construction not all of the animals were available to see. But we did get to see all kinds of primates, penguins, seals and hippos. There were no lions but we were still able to see leopards and tigers. The tigers were surprisingly large, I had never seen any that I could remember.

Today I awoke really early in order to catch flight to Switzerland. I just took it easy today, but I did go sledding. It was the first chance I have really had since I had been over here to play in the snow. It sure beat walking around in it all day. Tomorrow I am going up to Lake Lucerne and into the Alps.

No comments: