Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hannover

I am currently sitting in a hostel in Paris trying to blog on keyboard that I am NOT used to and it is really starting to frustrate me. Please excuse any mistakes :)!!!

Hannover is a beautiful city! I really enjoyed the vet school, especially the large animal clinic. I must say that in my life I have seen a few cow rectals but I never imagined doing one myself. It was a unique experience, one I am very glad I had, but I doubt I ever do it again! Being a vet would be quite a fun job but I just do not think it is the one for me.

The zoo was fun as well. While I have been to several zoos in my earlier years, I have never visited one in the winter nor have I ever been able to snow tube! The first time I went down I raced Olaf to the bottom, and contrary to what he might say, I won!

I have been thinking lately that it would be very beneficial for me to learn a second language. While I would love to learn German, I think I will start with Spanish since I already have some background in it. It amazes me that so many people in Europe are bilingual or even trilingual and I only know English! I had the opportunity in highschool to learn a second language but did not take it seriously because I really did not think it would ever be beneficial. I was wrong. When I get some free time, whenever that may be, I am definitely going to try to learn Spanish!

No comments: