Saturday, January 02, 2010

Today is only day 5 of the trip and I have already had a blast. I was looking forward to this trip, but wasn't to sure how much I would like Germany. I was expecting to have more fun on the free weekends visiting Paris and Prauge. However, it really surprised me that I fell in love with Germany. I love and the rich history, beutiful scenery, and helpful people. I have really liked taking all the city tours, it is in interesting to know the history behind everything. Learning about Germany history during World War II is so different from the states. It makes it so much more real when your standing in the city center and they explain to you that this huge cathedral was the only thing stading after the city was bombed, it is truely uncomprehensible.
Being here with two of my Best Friends has also helped being comfortable and not becoming to overwhelmed. When leaving the states I knew I was going to a country where they didn't speak english (although many do) , however I was still overwhelmed riding the subways not understanding a word that came overhead or any of the signs. Surprisingly we came with familiar with the subway system quite quickly, however we used the color systems for stops than the actual name for them. However, I know really want to learn German. Everyone we met knew at least 2 or 3 languages, I felt so ignorant only knowing English. In bonn we had a blast experiencing the night life, which is a lot different then in the States. All the food and drinks were amazing. The people we met were also wonderful, in Germany chilvalry isn't dead.

No comments: