Friday, January 01, 2010

One Week Done

I can't believe I've been in Germany for only one week! I feel like I've done so much already. The program lectures have been really interesting so far. I really enjoyed the day trip to Cologne where we visited the Cologne Medical School and had the tour of the Cathedral. The Cathedral was so unexpected in this town of fairly new buildings (thanks to WWII).

I am surprised at how quickly I became comfortable functioning in a country where I don't speak the language. We were able to navigate the subway to AIB the very first day all by ourself. And I already feel acquainted with Berlin after the New Years Eve celebration. Today, we took a train to Prague, and we handled everything better than I would have expected just one week ago. It was definitely an adventure, but Prague is already so pretty. It was snowing again today! I am falling in love with snow, but maybe its just because I know I have nice, warm, and sunny Texas to return to.

I am looking forward to walking through Prague tomorrow and then getting to know Berlin better when I return Sunday night. Next week should be a great one!

No comments: