Saturday, January 02, 2010

and more thoughts...

After being in Germany for a few days I definitely miss the practice of chivalry.  Everyone around here seems to truly believe in equality.  Which I guess isn't  entirely bad.  I'm sure women are paid the same as men here and hold just as many high postion jobs; however, I'd prefer a little of both worlds.  I'd love to be considered an equal in all situations and also have my doors opened for me!  

The trip to the Body Worlds exhibit was interesting to say the least.  I've never experienced anything quite like it before.  I've always said that when I die I want to donate my body to science, but after seeing the exhibit it frightens me.  I know it is a great learning tool but when I saw the bodies all I could concentrate on were who the people were.  What was their name?  How did they die?  How would they feel about their body being displayed this way.  I thought the exhibit was a wonderful contribution to science but I'm uncertain where I stand of the morality of the exhibit.

Well my stomach is growling so it is time to grab some original Czech cuisine!  I'll let y'all know what I think!

No comments: