Friday, January 01, 2010

Prague!

There is no way to describe the beauty I see on this train ride to Prague. The snow on the country side is absolutely beautiful. Yesterday, in Bonn, I was thinking that the city was pretty and quite large.

Dr. Wasser lectured the group over part two of the effects of Nazism to current ethical laws in medicine, a code that states that any experimentation is unethical without written consent, unworthy results, or other similar details. The most interesting fact is that the Nuremburg Code is not a law and cannot legally be enforced. The method of enforcement is through funding.

After the lecture, I realized that my eurail pass would not be arriving in time for my trip to Prague today, but so far, everything has worked out. If I can get a refund for the pass, I will be perfectly happy.

Arriving in Berlin from the shortest flight I have ever experienced, I stood in the coldest wind I have ever felt. Overcompensating for the cold, I overdressed for the New Years celebration and was quite warm. The Berlin festival was absolutely amazing. Even getting lost on the way home was an experience in itself.

No comments: