Saturday, January 02, 2010

New Years Eve and Berlin

When I last left off I believe I was packing everything up and preparing to leave Bonn. Well when we got to Berlin there was snow everywhere. After making the trip to the hotel we set out to go to the party mile at the Brandenburg gate. That was a New Year's party like one I have never been to in my life. There were thousands of people. I even met these guys that graduated from A&M in 2005. The bands there really liked to play American music and apparently the Germans are big fans of it. One the way back we got a little lost due to an issue at the subway station. Looking at the map first in this case would have really helped our cause.

After the long night I looked forward to sleeping in on Friday which was accomplished. I kept it simple for the day and just went to the Alexanderplatz to eat and take some pictures. I did meet some Australians while I was eating lunch. They were a fun group to talk to. Other than that nothing really eventful happened just took it easy and took pictures.

No comments: