Saturday, January 09, 2010

Never in my life!

Thursday after many obstacles we finally made it to Hannover. Our first visit was to the large animal clinic. Growing up I lived in the coutry and rode horses almost daily. However, my dad did all the behind the scenes work taking care of Spice (my horse) when she got sick. So it really interesting to see the facilities and what they do in person. It was amazing to me to see how they transported the horses for room to room in the operating theatre. Next we recieved a tour of the small animal clinic. Sometimes I really wish I could be a Vet but after visiting the clinic I know I definately made the right choice not pursing that dream. It makes me so sad seeing those poor animals helpless and in pain. Is is bad that animals sick make me feel worse than people who are ill??
Today was definately one of the craziest days of my life. Never in my life did I think I would preform a cow rectal exam, but I did. It was actually really cool to be able to get so hands on at the clinic. It is definately not somethings I would want to do as my job, taking care of cares but it was definately a really cool experience. Later we got to visit the Winter Zoo!!! I love Zoo's, however it was kinda sad that so many animals were not able to come out because it was SO cold. I did get to see two of my favorite animals which were the tigers and penguins. I know strange combination! Also, going tubing down the ice was a BLAST!
Well off to Paris later tonight, can't wait! It has always been a dream of mine to visit paris and the eiffel tower. In less than 24 hours my dream will come true :)

No comments: