Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Living the Dream!

After arriving in Prague, the group decided to eat at a classic Czech restaurant. Other than the food taking 2 hours to be cooked, it was a nice experience. On Saturday, the touring began. Walking through the beautiful city, I stopped at a small sandwich shop and ate both a sandwich and a Belgium waffle. The waffle was so good that I got another one. After site seeing all the landmarks on the map I picked up from the hostel, everyone decided to experience hookah.

Sunday, we had a bit more site seeing. I did not tour the Jewish Cemetery. I am not Jewish and cemeteries freak me out. I did meet a couple from Rome though in Starbucks. They recommended visiting Berlin more so than Prague. They thought Prague was too small comparably to Rome.

Monday was a cold day in Berlin. Snow was everywhere during the morning tour. The most interesting fact I learned is that the Disney castle is a replica of the Neuschwanstein Castle from Germany. The afternoon was more interesting, because we practiced CPR. It brought back memories from when I had to learn CPR in Boy Scouts. After dinner, we stopped by a truly Bohemian building where squatters sell their fantastic art.

No comments: