Sunday, January 03, 2010

Prague

Prague started off as a disaster. We arrived at our hostel around 7:30 and it took us 30 minutes just to get our keys. Once we had the keys and our room number we started the long treck up four flights of winding stairs to our hostel. When we opened the door we found our room trashed, beds slept in, and windows open. The room smelled like a cigarette. They let us exchange our room for another one that was at least clean, but the beds still weren't anything to I'd look forward to sleeping in. After this experience I'm not sure I ever want to stay in a hostel again!

After a rough nights sleep we up still tired, sore, and hungry. We wanted to eat original Czech cuisine so we asked around for a suggestion. U Fleku was the restaurant we decided to try. The food and beer were amaying! Right when we sat down they handed each of us a one of their famous beers. It tasted even better than German beer to me, which is something I didn't think was possible. I had beef tende and bread dumplings to eat. Unfortunately the food was so good I cleaned my entire plate. This meal was by far the best I've had on the trip. They also had a band playing that would walk around and serenade different tables. The music they played was a little odd but I stil enjoyed it. I loved everything about this restaurant, the food, the waiters, the beer, the entertainment, and the atomosphere. It just might be my favorite restaurant in the world!

Satuday night we decided to go to an Irish pub. It had great music and good beer. We met several people from different places around the world. Including a band from England called The Paper Boys. I hope they become famous one day so that I can tell the story of how I met them!
We left the pub around 2:00 and boarded a 3:30 a.m. train back to Berlin. We thought it was a prettz good idea at the time but the train was packed and we hadn't made reservations because the lady at the train station told us it wasn't necessary. We had to sit on the floor by the bathroom for nearly 8 hours. It should have only been a 5 hour train ride but it was 8 hours due to a 3 hour delay in Dresden. Needless to say we weren't very happy. We arrived in Berlin around 11:00, ate some lunch at the hotel, and passed out in our clean warm beds.

I've had so many wonderful experiences on this trip and cannot wait for more to come. We have the city tour of Berlin tomorrow. Everyone better bundle up because I'm sure it is going to be a cold one!

No comments: