Monday, January 11, 2010

Paris

I went to Paris this weekend! It was amazing and an adventure.

We picked up the rental car Friday night (i rented my first car) then we all took a nap and headed out that night. We drove through some snow but we were careful and arrived in Paris the next morning around 8. We parked at the long term parking at the air port and rode the RER into the city. The air port was VERY english friendly.

We did as much sightseeing as we could in one day. We went to the eiffel Tower, but there was so much snow that it was closed. THERE WAS SNOW IN PARIS. We were told that never happens, but I guess the Texans brought it. It made everything so pretty that I can't complain. We visisted Notre Dame and the Lourve. I got to see the Mona Lisa, but the Lourve is way to big to see in a few days, let alone a few hours. We also went to the arc de Triumph. We went up to the first deck of the eiffel tower at night to see everything lit up. it was gorgeous of course.

The next day we went to the eiffel tower during the day and were able to go to the second deck (the top floor is closed until february) we also visited the musee d'orsay. It was really awesome because it had impressionist art that I really liked.

We drove back sunday night and returned the car and I am excited for my last week of program!

No comments: