Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blah to Yay

(originally written 06/01/2010)

It’s 1:30 in the morning and I should really be asleep now. Today was one of those days. It started off horrible…like really really bad, BUT ended on a very pleasant note. This week went by so fast. It’s already Thursday of the 2nd week. This program will be over before I know it. Kind of anticipating going back to the States though. Miss my family and friends, and American food. Keeping up with these blogs are not fun. I am having so much fun I forget to transfer my journal entries to the blog. So please bare with me Dr. Wasser.

Hmmm…so what should I blog about? I guess I’ll start with my weekend in Prague. I am proud to say I walked the city of Prague in one day…or at least that’s what it felt like. I’ll bet 100€ I walked at least 20 miles on Saturday. I took so many pictures. We visited the Prague Castle, the Astronomical Clock, various churches, the Charles Bridge, and so much more…not to mention the Jewish Cemetery. Another notable experience was staying in a hostel…Chili Hostel to be exact. There were people from everywhere there: Brazil and Italy just to mention a few a places. I must admit, the hostel was pretty rowdy and a little dirty (luckily I brought my Lysol), but what an experience. Maggie, Ryan, Jen, and Phillip made the experience one to remember…what awesome travel buddies. A word of advice we can all give…STAY AWAY FROM CZECH RUM!!!

The class went on a city tour of Berlin the Monday after our free weekend. It was so cold outside. I think the temperature was like -2°C…burrrrrr!!! I learned a lot of interesting facts. For instance, I’ve visited 2 of the 3 most famous German buildings/attractions: the Brandenburg Gate and the Cologne Cathedral. I just need to see the “Disney Castle” now.

There was another city tour scheduled Tuesday. The class took a train to Dresden. What a beautiful city with lots of history. The Hygiene Museum was interesting. I had to do a presentation with Samy on the Sexuality Room, one of the seven rooms within the museum. I found it to be a pretty easy topic to discuss since I took Human Sexuality last semester. The night ended with a phone call from a friend and my mommy. In a nutshell…no better way to end a night.

Then there was today, or yesterday technically. Blah…yeah…that about describes it. I didn’t really enjoy the events planned. They tailored more to the biomedical engineering students. Telemedicine and prosthetics are way over my head and involves too much physics…I HATE PHYSICS!!! The funniest thing today was washing clothes in a German laundry mat. An adventure in itself! Had to use my German-English dictionary to translate how to work the machines.

But…I did have something very important and exciting happen today!!! I got my medical school match!! I will officially be a medical school student at UTMB Galveston starting Fall 2010…CLASS OF 2014!!! Yayyy. Can’t wait to celebrate with family and friends!!

No comments: