Tuesday, January 19, 2010

vienna

Vienna was a great city to end on, although I feel like I was so exhausted that I didn't get to enjoy all that it had to offer. To start out the trip, we had to get up at 4 in the morning to make our flight. It was alright though, because we were able to get about a two hour nap in once we got there. The sightseeing bus was different since I am used to walking the entire city, but it was nice to just be able to sit in the warmth and enjoy the city. The Wien Museum was very interesting and set up a precedent for all of the historical background that was put on us later, which really helped. It was amazing to see all of the specimens that the josephinum and Narrenturm had to offer, especially because they were all wax. We followed up seeing the spanish riding school, which was interesting, but unfortunate that we could not see any performances. The Freud house was very interesting, especially the fact that everyone, including the British apparently, does not know that most of his furniture and collected artifacts are in England. The opera was amazing and really topped everything off with a cultural bang that won me over. The last day was kind of sad knowing that it would be our last day in Europe, but in a way I am ready to go home. I am just thankful for the experiences that I have had on this trip and the great people that I have come to know.

No comments: