Sunday, January 03, 2010

The weather has gotten really cold compared to Bonn and it was tough to get used to at first, but once you learn to put on a lot of layers it isn’t that bad. The busy schedule has already started to take a toll on me, we see so much in such little time and are constantly travelling. It is amazing how ordinary buildings in Europe look so much better than they do in the US but I guess that goes with the amount of history behind everything. It is weird how none of the natives really pay much attention towards any of the historical landmarks, but that makes sense because that is all they ever really see.

I have tried a lot of new food and drinks and I would say I have mixed feelings about them. The food is really good, but I miss American food and I miss knowing what everything on the menu actually is. The thing I miss the most though, is ice. None of the drinks over here ever have ice and it didn’t bother me at first, but after a week I just want my drinks to be cold and stay cold through the entire meal. Also, I miss American soft drinks because they actually taste good and the soft drinks here taste funny.

Overall, I am having a great time though and I am very glad I decided to go on this trip. I have met so many cool people and had plenty of unforgettable experiences and its only been one week. I can’t wait to see what happens the rest of the trip.

No comments: