Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hannover

Hannover was an interesting city. It's nice how the city can be smaller than Berlin but still have so much stuff to do in it. The people of Hannover are extremely nice. When I lost my hat and glasses, the restaurant owner spoke little to no English but we still managed to communicate. I found my glasses outside, but my Czech hat is no more.

Experiencing the prosthetics in Berlin was very fun. I especially enjoyed the learning how far androids have come. I remember a few years ago, robots balancing and walking was unheard of. Seeing a robot walk so smoothly was so exciting, almost frightening.

Tomorrow, I take a trip back to Berlin to see "Tschaikowsky", a ballet by Boris Eifman with a student I met in Berlin. I am nervous about travelling alone, but if I drink some Coke Zero, I think I’ll be just fine.
I am actually getting used to the cold. Everyone else is bundled up very tightly, and I now rarely zip up my jacket. One week to go. I am really going to miss this country.

-Daniel Grunden

No comments: