Monday, June 04, 2018

woo germany week one

One week as already gone past and WOW what a week it was. Getting here was such a shock, when we finally made it to Bonn, three other girls and I were dropped of at Bonnox, a dorm/hotel we would be staying at for the duration of the trip. One of the people staying here with me described it as "being dropped off at college again only this time no one speaks english." Since there were not enough host families we had been assigned to this, a more independent housing. Although at first it was honestly so terrifying, a week in I can say its a cool place to be and I think I will really enjoy the independent housing.

Although its only been a week, its crazy how comfortable everything has become. Classes at the AIB, taking the tram everywhere, all of it has become easy breezy. Our classes have been really interesting so far, History of Medicine is such a cool and diverse subject I am very excited to keep learning about it. Hilda, or german prof is the cutest most hilarious lady, and now thanks to her I can successfully count to 10 in german. Thanks Hilda.

This weekend me and some girls went on an adventure to Belgium and boy an adventure it was. We walked around and saw all the top sights, basically eating our way through the city. Belgian waffles and chocolate are all they are made out to be... DELICIOUS!!! It was a great time getting to know the people I went with better, everyone is really so sweet. The way home hit a few bumps in the road but we made it home!! Pro tip, if your traveling somewhere by train and all the announcements are main in Flemish, you should really try and figure out what is going on....


No comments: