Thursday, June 07, 2018

Week One

What a busy and exciting week! On Monday we arrived in Bonn and got to meet our host families. My host family has been really great and I am enjoying my time staying with them. I've really enjoy the lectures, especially German classes with Hilde. I think her teaching style is very engaging and effective for the level of German we will be able to learn while here. On Thursday we had the afternoon off and I hiked to the beautiful Schloss Drachenburg and got some incredible views of the city.


The excursion to Bingen was very informative. The castle tour was incredible. Over the weekend I stayed in Bonn. On Saturday we went to Beethoven-Haus and Museum Koenig. I am a big fan of classical music, so Beethoven-Haus was a must see for me! Sunday we went to Eifel and hiked to Burg Eltz and took a tour there. The Eifel region is beautiful and a great place to hike!
It was a 10 km hike to visit Burg Eltz.
We found this lovely spot to take a break and have lunch!
 This castle is huge! It contains 80 rooms!

Hopefully every week in Germany can be as incredible as this one!

No comments: