Sunday, June 17, 2018

Bonn, Brussels, and now Barcelona- Week 2

The fact that week two is already over is insane. As I sit here trying to figure out how to put the experiences of Cologne and then Barcelona into words, I am really at a loss. Going to Cologne beat any expectations that I had. It was absolutely incredible. Being able to tour the city and then tour their Cathedral was amazing. I can only really explain the whole day as a once in a lifetime experience. I have always been a little afraid of heights, and going to the roof of the Cathedral really pushed me out of my comfort zone. I can honestly say that it was one of the best experience I have had so far and I am so glad that I did it. I think this whole study abroad is about pushing myself to do things I normally wouldn't try because who knows when I will get to try it again.

This week I also went to Barcelona. While I probably drove the group nuts being a little bit slower than everyone else, it was such an amazing experience. From Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we walked a total of 37 miles. I don't think I have ever walked that much in a weekend, but Megyn did such an amazing job making sure that we saw everything we could. From the Sagrada Familia, to the Olympic Park, and just so much more. Each and everything that we saw was more incredible than the last. The food was amazing. Every meal seemed to be different. Barcelona was also nice because the language barrier there was not as big as in Germany. While I can't speak much Spanish, I can definitely understand it better. Barcelona was an amazing experience and I am so glad to get to experience it with the people I did. I can definitely say that I will be back to Barcelona (it also helps that I drank from the fountain)!

Savana

No comments: